My Lovely Followers- Thank You

Thursday 22 August 2013

Mulberry Wood Friend and a little step by step

Hello, hope you are all ok and having a lovely week.

Me & Hubby got back from our little holiday in Whitby last night, although we were both shattered, we had the best time ever and can't wait to go back. Oh! I love Whitby, I think it might just be my fave place to visit.

I have an easel card to show you and a little step by step on how I made the base.


Side view.


I used: Mulberry Wood Friend from Crafters Companion
Die'sire Classical Frame die from Crafters Companion
Spectrum Noirs from Crafters Companion
Crate Paper Farmhouse paper pad
Whimsy sentiment
Ribbon, flowers & button from stash
MS, Woodware & EK Success punches

So here's my step by step, excuse the pics, not the best!

Using the largest die from the Classical Frame die set attach to a piece of card as shown with low tack tape. 


Enure the bottom two pieces of tape are placed where shown and go around the back as shown below.


Place onto base plate face up as shown so the tape is outside the cutting area. Tape onto plate to secure.


Put on top plate and run through machine.


After removing die, pic below shows what you'll be left with.


Line up the corners of one side of the die with the third loop as shown.


Tape on the reverse as shown ensuring the loops are still matched up.


Tape on to plate again as shown ensuring the aleady cut part is outside of the cutting area.



So here is what it looks like.


Glue the loops of two at the top, to make a shaped card as shown.


Or.... three will make the easel card.


Hope you liked my lil' step by step and Thank You for popping by my blog.
Hope you all have a lovely afternoon, I'll be back later for a catch up.





















17 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Stunning Donna lovely image and design.
Thank you for sharing the tutorial.

Hugs Julie xxx

*Vicki* said...

Hello my friend!!!! So glad I found you once again! I've missed you and I haven't been blogging for a while, deleted my old blog and started up a new one. I'm following along with you on Feedly now. Hope you can stop by for a visit sometime!

Your creation is brilliant and thanks for sharing that tutorial too! I've never tried that and will have to give it a go. You make it look so easy! LOL!! Hope you're well! HUGS :)

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Donna,love the tutorial.xxx

rosie said...

gorgeous card Donna. love the image. fab tutorial - very easy to understand.

know what you mean about Whitby - love the place!! its about 80 miles from where I live

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Donna… what a sweet image and I love the easel design… so many wonderful details …. love the lacy edges… the pretty papers and flowers… it's stunning!! :-)
it's a fab tutorial too... thanks for sharing!
glad you had a lovely time in Whitby… ah I have never been but from photos, I just know that I'd love it there!
Hope you have a lovely evening!
Hugs Sue xx

Little K Smith said...

Aawwww a totally gorgeous creation hun! Adore the little puppy and lush colours & embellies too! And a fab tutorial!
Kelly.x

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Donna and your tutorial is fabulous too, very clear and easy to understand.
Glad you had a good time in Whitby.
hugs Sue xx

mags said...

A gorgeous card Donna and super little tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
Mags
x

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous card Donna and thank you for the tut!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you had a good time away. Lovely colourful card and thanks for the tut

Cazza said...

This is gorgeous Donna and thanks for the tutorial honey! :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
x

May said...

Gorgeous card Donna, Love the tutorial it's fantastic...So glad you both had a lovely break....Hugs May x x x

Julie said...

Oooh clever trick. Beautiful card as well!

Hugs

Julie x

coops said...

so stunning donna.really adorable image and i love your fabulous card design and details.
great tutorial too hun :D

xx coops xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

very beautiful Donna! thank you for your tutorial. hugs, Helena

Betka said...

Gorgeous as always Donna.
It's a easy to understand tutorial. Thanks :)
(:Betka:)

Unknown said...

Your adorable doggie looks so sweet Donna! And what a clear tutorial this is, thanks for sharing! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...